Aderiamo allo standard HONcode per l'affidabilità dell'informazione medica.
- June 2022, a 18-year-old patient from Ireland;
- June 2022, a 29-year-old patient from The Netherlands;
- March 2022, a 30-year-old patient from Germany;
- May 2021, a 22-year-old patient from France;
- May 2021, a 42-year-old patient from France;
- May 2021, a 39-year-old patient from France;
- May 2021, a40-year-old patient from England;
- May 2021, a 31-year-old patient from Romania;
- March 2020, a 32-year-old patient from France;
- October 2019, a 53-year-old patient from France;
- September 2019, a 35-year-old patient from Belgium;
- May 2019, a 45-year-old patient from France;
- March 2019, a 49-year-old patient from Brazil;
- March 2019, a 36-year-old patient from the USA;
- January 2019, first patient from another continent, a 28-year-old patient from Brazil;
- September 2018, a 25-year-old patient from Poland;
- October 2017, a 33-year-old patient from Hungary. The medical commission of his country has considered ours a center of excellence and, thanks to the European law for cross-border care and the use of the S2 model, the costs have been borne by the Hungarian Health System;
- In 2015 the first foreign patient, a 36-year-old patient from Bosnia.
FROM 2010 MORE THAN 250 ITALIAN PATIENTS FROM 17 ITALIAN REGIONS HAVE BEEN TREATED WITH MINI-INVASIVE SURGERY OF FILUM TERMINALE EXTERNUM SECTIONING.
BOSNIAN PATIENT SUBJECT TO SURGICAL TREATMENT OF FILUM TERMINALE EXTERNUM SECTIONING IN LOCAL ANESTHESIA AFTER HAVING BEEN SUBJECTED TO LUMBAR MRI IN THE PRONE POSITION.
REVIEW, IN ITALIAN, on the Qsalute website
REVIEW IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS REPORTED IN THE PART BELOW
MR. A.D. WAS THE FIRST FOREIGN PATIENT SUBJECTED TO OUR INNOVATIVE PROTOCOL WITH LUMBAR MRI IN THE PRONE POSITION AND MINI-INVASIVE SURGERY OF EXTRADURAL FILUM TERMINALE EXTRADURAL SECTIONING.
WITH OUR PROTOCOL, FROM 2010 TO TODAY 6 APRIL 202O, ABOUT 200 ITALIAN PATIENTS WERE OPERATED.
Italy should be proud
After years of research for the cause of my problems, there was a suspicion that I was suffering from a rare condition called occult tethered cord syndrome. Doctors in my country know very little about this condition, so we needed help getting the right diagnosis.
On the internet I found an e-mail address of Veronesi M.D. and asked him if he also treated international patients. A few days later, the answer was in my inbox: of course I treat them, what's your problem, what needs to be solved? First, he helped me get a correct diagnosis, he sent me a document describing a way to do a prone MRI, thus allowing me to do the lumbar MRI in a prone position at the hospital in my country. He was under no obligation to do so, I live in another country. I immediately understood that he is an extraordinary man. Then I went to the first checkup in Italy, and the surgery was scheduled for about a year later. The intervention is quick and painless and the hospital stay is short. My recovery was incredible, my condition improved very quickly after the surgery: there was no back pain, the pain in the legs was gone, the urological condition started to improve and I was sleeping much better than before of surgery. One year after the surgery my condition improved further, only minor urological problems are still present. It is important to note that I am 38 years old, so I am a case of adult occult tethered cord syndrome, neglected for years because the doctors in my country did not know how to help me. I didn't know what to expect, instead the surgery was effective and successful. Now my life is easier, my problems are minor after the surgery.
This is the professionalism of Veronesi M.D., he is truly remarkable, honest man, not easy to find these days. Thanks also to Sacco M.D. and all the hospital staff. Italy should be proud of you!
LAST UPDATE 30th JUNE 2022
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: